Eco friendly products like Ayala's Herbal Water conform to
strict environmental standards at every stage of their
production. Organic companies contribute to the heath of the
ecosystem through business practices that promote environmental
All of Ayala's products bear the certified organic label, which
means that the producers of the food followed several rules:
- They do not use synthetic pesticides, herbicides, or
fertilizers to grow crops.
- They do not fertilize with sewage sludge.
- Food is not irradiated or genetically modified.
- Organic farmers are required by the National Organic Standards
to minimize soil erosion.
- Soil fertility is maintained through practices such as crop
rotation, cover crops, and use of composted material (which is
basically recycling farm waste into soil nutrients).
We can easily see how important producing eco friendly products
through organic farming practices is for our environment:
- An organic farm doesn't contribute to the growing problem of
chemical fertilizers' run-off contaminating our rivers, lakes,
oceans, and drinking water. This contamination is persistent
and affects us-as well as wildlife.
- An organic farm doesn't contribute to our worrying dependence
on dwindling foreign oil supplies (fertilizers are fossil fuel
- Farm workers on organic farms aren't subjected to a work
environment heavily contaminated by pesticides.
- Soil fertility is maintained for future generations.
- An organic farm recycles its waste and doesn't fill landfills
with hazardous waste.
- An organic farm promotes biodiversity.
- Organic practices lead to crops that are more resistant to
drought and pests and probably are more complex in phytochemical
And as defined by the USDA National Organic Standards Board
"Organic agriculture is an ecological production management
system that promotes and enhances biodiversity, biological cycles,
and soil biological activity. It is based on minimal use of
off-farm inputs and on management practices that restore, maintain,
and enhance ecological harmony."